Wednesday, December 26, 2007

North Shore Whipping Trip

We spent Christmas Eve whipping on the North Shore. I spent the night fishing for Aweoweo with Jon and our friend Todd visiting from the Bay Area. The bite was decent for Jon, but rather slow for me and Todd. Jon picked up a handful of Aweoweo and Aholehole's.

I was lucky enough to pick up an Aweoweo and a Nenue. It was the first time I've actually caught anything on my new Nitro and Daiwa Exceler that I bought a few months back. It feels good to finally know that the rod and reel can actually catch fish.

I spent some time thinking about why Jon was getting more bites than we were. It's possible that since he was able to cast farther, he was able to reach the school while Todd and I were not. The other possibility is that his lighted floater was rigged differently from mine, which allowed him to feel the lighter bites that I couldn't. My lighted floater was tied directly to the main line as well as my leader. It's possible that that fish were able to feel the resistance of the float when hitting the bait which may have spooked them. I'll be certain to rig my lighted floater differently the next time we go fishing there to see if it makes a difference.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brah, it's da skillz..haha j/k...btw, I got da pics, I'll send them to you later.